- Surgical Abortion
- OB/GYN Services
- Pregnancy Calculator
- Abortion Options
- Abortion Cost
At Brooklyn Abortion Clinic we believe that patients may have a wide array of questions prior to having a termination of pregnancy. As medical providers our job is to facilitate answers to all those questions.
The following information has been designed to answer the most common questions that you may have. We invite you to read the information below carefully and want you to feel free to speak live with any of our trained medical assistants by calling 718 369-1900.
Each year, almost half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended. About half of these unplanned pregnancies, 1.3 million each year, are ended by abortion.
There are many myths and misconceptions about who gets abortions, and why. The fact is that the women who have abortions come from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
IF YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT MEDICAL CONDITION AND ARE TAKING MEDICATIONS PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE SO THAT A TRAINED STAFF MEMBER CAN GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT WHETHER YOU SHOULD TAKE YOUR MEDICATIONS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.
If you are currently under the care of a medical provider for any medical condition such as (High Blood Pressure, Seizures, Heart conditions, Etc). We suggest you to call our office to speak to one of our trained staff member to get guidelines and instructions prior to your appointment.
Do not wear any jewelry, including earrings, bracelets, rings, etc. All body piercing jewelry must be removed. (Especially any tongue or nose piercings).
Do not bring any valuables or a large amount of cash.
If you are using your medical insurance for the procedure be aware the verification is required prior to your office visit. Please give us a call and one of our staff members will verify your insurance.
We do request from patients to bring a valid picture ID along with your insurance card on the day of your appointment.
To ensure your safety on the day of your appointment, you will go through a series of pre-operative assessments with the medical and counseling staff. You will have:
• History and Physical: An individualized session where one of our trained staff members will review your medical history, current physical state and birth control options.
• Counseling: During your medical/physical assess the length of pregnancy or gestational age.
• Billing: At Brooklyn Abortion Clinic, we require your entire fee to be paid before the abortion is performed. The basic fee for the procedure includes: a review of your pertinent medical history, an educational counseling session, ultrasound screening, routine urine and blood testing (If requested by your physician), the abortion procedure, anesthesia, and recovery room services. (Please be aware that if you are paying cash an additional fee for the Rhogam injection will be required for those patients that are NEGATIVE RH TYPING).
• Payment can be made in cash, or by credit card. For the convenience of our patients, we accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover. (We do not accept any Debit Cards). We accept most private insurances including MEDICAID- HMO’S plans.
For more information please visit the One-Day Abortion page on our site: ONE-DAY
For more information please visit the Two-Day Abortion page on our site: TWO-DAY
• Local Anesthesia involves the injection by the physician of pain-stopping medication into your cervix. You will be fully awake during the procedure, but your cervix will be numbed. You can expect to have moderate cramping during the procedure.
• General Anesthesia is administered by injecting medication into your vein. This medication will allow you to sleep for the duration of the procedure. The medication is given by an Anesthesiologist, a physician specially trained in anesthesia or by a Nurse Anesthetist.
• To prevent any infection, we will provide you with antibiotics. It is essential that you take all the medications prescribed by your physician in the manner explained.
• All Rh-Negative type patients are given an injection of Rhogam followed
• You must have an escort to take you home following the procedure done with anesthesia other than local anesthesia. For your own safety, you must not drive for the remainder of the day.
• You will be required to return to our office within two-week period time after your first visit. During your follow up visit a sonogram will be performed to evaluate the completion and safety of the procedure. Contraceptives options will be also discussed in your follow up visit. If you were referred to our office by your Ob/Gyn physician, we encourage you to return to your physician for your post-operative care. However, complete post-operative care and on-going gynecological services are available at our office for all patients.
• Our office has a 24 answering service to address any emergencies.
To protect against infection, it is important that nothing goes into your vagina until you have your two-week appointment (Follow-Up). This means:
• NO Tampax or tampons, use only sanitary pads.
• NO vaginal douching.
• DON’T take tub baths or swim, ONLY Shower.
• NO vaginal intercourse.
More Yelp Reviews: Brooklyn Abortion Clinic