New York State Emergency Medicaid
Emergency Medicaid (also known as Temporary Medicaid/Presumptive Eligibility) is available for pregnancy-related services including abortions for eligible candidates. You can apply on-site at our center and be approved the same day as your appointment.
In order to start the process of your temporary medical insurance’s enrollment, you will need to bring some required documents such as one (1) proof of identity, one (1) proof of address, and one (1) proof of income. These documents are very important to determine your eligibility and to obtain medical insurance coverage.
(Below you will find some samples of accepted documents to bring the day of your appointment)
PROOF OF IDENTITY (Choose One):
* U.S PASSPORT BOOK/CARD
* FOREIGN PASSPORT BOOK/CARD
* STATE DRIVER’S LICENSE
* STATE PHOTO ID
* U.S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
* SCHOOL ID CARD WITH A PHOTO
* PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (“GREEN CARD”)
* EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD
PROOF OF ADDRESS (Choose One):
* UTILITY BILL ( GAS, ELECTRIC, PHONE, CABLE, ETC)
* LEASE/LETTER/RENT RECEIPT WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS FROM LANDLORD
* POSTMARKED ENVELOPE, MAGAZINE, OR POSTCARD WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
PROOF OF INCOME (Choose One):
* PAYCHECK STUBS
* LETTER FROM EMPLOYER ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD, SIGNED AND DATED
* CURRENT SIGNED AND DATED INCOME TAX RETURNS
For more information on how to apply, please contact our Call Center at 718-875-4848 to speak to one of our receptionists. During this call you will be prescreened for eligibility, asked to bring the necessary documents, and book an appointment for the procedure. When you come to the center you will find out immediately whether or not you are eligible for the Emergency Medicaid.